Wednesday, December 21, 2011

7 weeks

So there has been a lot that has happened over the past week, some good and some horribly stressful.

Cody and I went to our first OB appointment on Friday 12/16 and it did not go as expected. We saw the baby, the yoke, sac and fetal pole but he couldn't hear the HB he could just see it. I was in panic mode. He said for as far a long as I am everything looked OK, just OK. He was trying to be very straight forward and I almost think I like a little sugar coating for matters concerning my unborn child. I was told I cannot run my upcoming two half marathons and I'm pretty upset about that. I am just so worried about the baby, I am also measuring one day less than what I thought, which was 6w 3d.

The OB said he doesn't want me to gain over 20 lbs as I am a little overweight, which is fine to say, but not in front of the husband in my opinion....Not sure if I will stick with this OB.

The OB wanted to see me in two weeks but the nurse heard me talking about telling the parents on Christmas so we are going on Thursday 12/22. It will either be a wonderful Christmas or one that I would like to forget for the rest of my life.

I have not experienced any nausea until today, luckily I haven't thrown up. I am trying everything in my power to keep food in my stomach and try not to think about it. So far, so good.

I am happy to report the bloat has subsided and I can wear most of my pants again (for now). Last night was 7 weeks so we took a photo of a small grape (blueberries are not in season) to represent the baby now.

I have now had two psycho chick episodes on Cody one about my hormonal acne and the other about my boobs, which literally feel like they weigh 100 lbs! As we are gearing up for our first appointment and I decided to spill the beans to my boss. I didn't want to lie to her about why I would be missing work and she is thrilled, she wants to choke me (jokingly), but she is very happy for us. It is going to be hard juggling a job and a baby, but we will see how it goes. Who knows what the future holds!

Here's the Little Strong at 6w 3d.

Heres to hoping tomorrow goes wonderfully and that I can continue this little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment