Tuesday, May 15, 2012

25-28 weeks

I am so behind on this and I may never be able to recap all the things that have happened!

Last weekend your dad and I got back from our babymoon/anniversary trip to Houston. It was so wonderful to get away and we even got the perk of learning a few things about raising a 1 year old from Bryson. We got to see a lot of family, which was nice and we visited the natural science museum, the aquarium, a holocaust museum and the mall. We did a lot of walking, which is becoming very hard for me.

This past weekend was mother's day and even though I am not officially a mother yet, your dad treated me very special. He got me some flowers and a very pretty necklace from his cousin's jewelry store in St. Armands.

Your uncle Logan got to feel you kick for the first time and he couldn't believe it was really you in there. Your aunt Lauren hasn't felt you in a few weeks, but your dad gets to feel you pretty regularly.

Last night you had the hiccups and they were so strong even your dad could feel them from the outside. It was the weirdest feeling ever. You really love crushing my organs, its getting so hard for me to get comfortable during the day because you love putting your legs under my ribs, which makes it hard for me to breathe!

A few weekends ago we registered for you and it was a blast! Seeing all the little things you need made it all the more real for us. We are pretty much done with your nursery I just have a few more things to make for the walls. I also need to stop slacking and make you more sheets, but sitting behind that sewing machine is becoming a challenge.

This weekend your dad's parents are coming to visit, which I am excited about because we haven't seen them in a few weeks.

As of late, you still don't have a middle name. Here are the options, for now:

Barrett Austin, Barrett Astin, Barrett Edward, Barrett Allen, Barrett Charles

At this rate, you won't have a middle name! We just can't decide and I want to mean something, but your dad doesn't really care about that. We get lots of opinions, but I'm sure as soon as we see you we will have a name.

I have my glucose test on Thursday (ew) and after that I go to the OB every two weeks, instead of every four weeks. It's crazy to me that you will be here in 12 weeks. We still have a lot to get done before then and there is a really possibility that you could come sooner -- EEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment